If you’re seeking legal assistance with a trademark matter, one of the first things you might do is type “trademark attorney near me” into Google or another search engine and see whose website pops up. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Such a search would probably reveal at least a couple of nearby attorneys who you could further research and look into. Maybe you’ll find a local trademark attorney who seems friendly, competent, reliable, trustworthy, and affordable. But maybe you won’t. And that’s perfectly OK. You know why? Because you can work with any trademark attorney you want regardless of whether the attorney is located down the street or across the country. This is especially true if you’re seeking trademark search or trademark registration services, or if you require assistance with a trademark office action, trademark opposition, or trademark cancellation.
Trademark Attorney Near Me – The Benefits
There are a number of legitimate reasons why you may choose to only consider the nearby trademark attorneys who appear when you search “trademark attorney near me” in Google or perhaps by using a voice-activated virtual assistant. For instance:
- Since the trademark attorneys would be within driving distance or accessible through public transportation, you could have an in-person meeting with them rather than just a telephone call. Having said that, Skype and other video conferencing software makes face-to-face meetings possible regardless of location.
- If you live in one of the ten largest metropolitan areas in the United States, there are likely many nearby trademark attorneys to choose from and meet with. But, keep in mind that the majority of them probably work in the downtown business district where traffic and parking can be a major headache and expense.
- If you need to file a trademark infringement lawsuit against someone who lives or operates in your local area, then it often makes sense to hire a local trademark attorney rather than one who is far away.
- Perhaps you already have confidence in a nearby trademark attorney because people you know have previously hired the attorney and have expressed their satisfaction with the attorney’s knowledge, skills, and work ethic.
Trademark Attorney Near Me – The Drawbacks
As you can imagine, limiting your options to the results of an Internet search for “trademark attorney near me” may not always be the best idea. For example:
- If you live in a very rural community, there simply may be no attorneys near you who focus their practice solely on trademark law.
- If you live in a small town, the attorneys nearby may have only dabbled in trademark law and might not have the wealth of experience you’re looking for.
- If you reside in a large urban area such as New York, Los Angeles, Miami, or Chicago, nearby trademark attorneys may charge significantly higher fees than attorneys located in smaller cities or different regions of the United States.
- The trademark attorneys near you may not be the perfect fit for what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Nearby trademark attorneys may have poor online reviews or perhaps no reviews or client testimonials at all.
- Trademark attorneys near you may be unfamiliar with your particular industry or line of business.
Not Near Me? I’m Still Just a Phone Call or Email Away!
My name is Morris Turek. I’m an experienced and dedicated trademark attorney who works with individuals, businesses, and organizations no matter where they’re located. My trademark law practice is based in the medium-sized Midwestern city of St. Louis, Missouri (home of the beautiful Gateway Arch and the infamous cheese known as provel). Of course, my website may not show up in a Google search for “trademark attorney near me” if you happen to live hundreds or thousands of miles away from my office. But guess what? We’re still only one phone call or one email away from starting a conversation about your particular trademark matter.
So when you’re ready to begin that conversation, I hope you’ll consider reaching out to me for an absolutely free and confidential consultation. I may be contacted by phone at (314) 749-4059, through email at email@example.com, or by submitting the contact form located below. I strive to return all messages within 24 hours and am frequently able to respond much more quickly than that. I look forward to hearing from you soon.